Phoenix is a city in Jackson County, Oregon, United States. The population was 4,538 at the 2010 census. Phoenix is a part of the Medford Metropolitan Statistical Area, in the Rogue Valley, and is 3 miles (5 km) southeast of Medford on Interstate 5. The Phoenix area was settled in about 1850 by brothers Hiram and Samuel Colver. Samuel Colver laid out the town in 1854.
Early residents included Milton Lindley, who operated a sawmill that provided timbers in 1855 for a blockhouse as well as a flouring mill owned by Sylvester M. Wait. For a time, the settlement was known locally as Gasburg after a talkative employee in the kitchen serving the mill hands. Wait, who was an agent for the Phoenix Insurance Company of Hartford, Connecticut, assigned the official name, Phoenix, to the community and, in 1857, to its post office. Waitsburg, Washington, was later named after Wait.
Percentage change from latest quarter vs same time period previous year
Data compiled using 3rd quarter 2019 data vs. same period from 2018
|RATING*||SCHOOL NAME||GRADES||SCHOOL TYPE|
|N/A||Phoenix Elementary School||Kindergarten - 5th Grade||Public|
|N/A||Armadillo Technical Institute||6th Grade - 12th Grade||Public|
|2||Phoenix High School||9th Grade - 12th Grade||Public|
|N/A||Discovery Corner (Karmal Enterprises)||Preschool - Kindergarten||Private/Charter|
Oops! We could not locate your form.